Friday, June 5, 2020

Best Pima Cotton Cooling Pajamas


I’m a sweaty sleeper. It’s not the sexiest thing to admit, but it’s part of my life and something I have to work around when selecting sheets and negotiating the thermostat setting with my husband. Oddly enough, though, despite a lifetime of dealing with this issue, I’ve never really considered the role my pajamas might play. I’ve been wearing a variation on the same cotton T-shirt and shorts combo for years. But, with all of the advancements in natural and synthetic fibers, my PJs get at least the same consideration as my gym clothes? There had to be something better out there.

A little internet searching revealed a number of companies designing pajamas exclusively for keeping you cool at night. To see if they actually work, I requested samples from eight different brands and spent three weeks testing out cooling nightgowns, tailored-looking sets, and sweat-friendly versions of the classic shorts and T-shirt look. All of the styles I tried, detailed below, were a huge improvement for me. After my test I went back to my old sleepwear and was shocked by how much sweatier I felt in comparison. Needless to say, my pajamas drawer has gotten a total revamp.

Quick note on washing: Some brands recommend hand-washing and/or hanging their pajamas to dry, but doing that would cost me precious sleep, so I tossed everything in the washer and dryer with no ill effects.

Cotton pajamas was the one which I was most excited to try. My fellow Strategist writer Hilary Reid loved their washable silk pajamas, and I have to admit that their sloungewear-chic marketing caught my eye. While the romper the brand sent me wasn’t exactly something I’d want to wear every night (it made going to the bathroom a bit of a chore), I loved the feeling of the soft cotton and wouldn’t hesitate to order other styles in the same material, like the long-sleeve crewneck top or shorts. If you do choose the romper, I’d recommend going down at least one size as it runs large. Since the legs on mine were so long and wide, they rode up to my knees as I slept, which was a little annoying.

Traditionally, cotton isn’t recommended for sweaty activities, since it holds onto moisture and can leave you feeling wet and soggy, but Lunya uses a blend of pima cotton and a patented fabric called transdry cotton that isn’t as absorbent as standard cotton and performs like moisture-wicking activewear. The pima feels substantial without being heavy and glides smoothly over the skin. Lunya’s pajamas are on the more expensive end (the romper is $178) but they’re high-quality pieces with unique and modern styles.


Even though they’re not specifically designed for cooling (just temperature-regulating, according to the website), these were my favorite of all the pajamas I tried. The jersey material (a blend of modal, a semi-synthetic material derived from wood pulp, and spandex) is incredibly soft — like a perfectly worn-in, incredibly breathable T-shirt — and I didn’t sweat a drop (or it was wicked away before I could notice) on the nights I wore the set. Since I typically try to sleep in as little clothing as possible, I was skeptical about trying a long sleeve top and pants. However, they ended up working better than some of the shorts and T-shirt sets, since more of my skin was covered by sweat-wicking material. Side slits on the top make it even more breathable, and the pockets on the joggers were helpful for carrying my phone while walking around the apartment. The pants have a drawstring for an adjustable fit, and Recliner lets you select the top and bottom in different sizes.

These were also the best-looking pajamas I tried. Both pieces are soft and stretchy, grazing the body for a clean look without feeling at all tight or constricting. Lounging around in the button-down top and jogger pants felt more luxurious than schleppy. Although the v-neck of the top was cut a tiny bit lower than I would have preferred, I’d definitely bring these to a weekend getaway where I might wear them around friends. The joggers, with their tapered cut and gathered ankle cuff, could easily double as lightweight sweatpants.


Our Pajamas watch

Cheap women cotton pajama sets,womens cotton pajamas,100 cotton pajamas for women,cotton pjs,cotton pjs set,100 cotton sleepwear, ladies cotton pajama sets,100 cotton pajamas shorts,cotton pajamas short sets for ladies,which you can wear outside all day.

2020 new Pajama women's cotton sleepwear for sprin...

2020 new Pajama women's cotton sleepwear for sprin...

$32.00

No comments:

Post a Comment